FN® MK 46 MOD 2
Available for law enforcement and military.
The 5.56x45mm FN® MK 46 MOD 2 is the lightweight U.S. special operators’ variant of the FN® M249 Squad Automatic Weapon (SAW).
The MK 46 MOD 2 incorporates improved receiver pins, a feed tray with retention pawls and a vented hand guard with improved heat shield and three MIL-STD-1913 rails. The MK 46 MOD 2’s cold hammer-forged MIL-SPEC barrel has a hard-chromed bore for longer life and improved accuracy, and serves as the mounting point for the carry handle. The receiver is formed steel and is equipped with a top-mounted MIL-STD-1913 optical rail. A hydraulic buffer greatly reduces recoil, helping the operator keep more rounds on target. The crossbolt safety and curved trigger help enhance operator control. Includes one spare barrel.
The MK48 MOD 2 upgrade allows adapting the traditional MK48 to evolutions in soldier’s body armor, accessories (forward grips, lasers), and improved ergonomics from the standing and kneeling positions.
MK46 MOD 2 improvements include:
- A telescopic buttstock with adjustable length (5 position with adjustment range of 3”) and adjustable cheek rest height (4 position with adjustment range of 1.3”)
- A handguard combined with side a lower accessory rails, shaped to provide an ergonomic grip even with the bipod folded
- A reinforced bipod foldable to the rear even with a pistol grip attached to the lower rail
- An ergonomically improved cocking handle that allows better rearward and forward manipulation
- An improved feed cover retaining latch
- Belt retaining pawls to ensure easier and more reliable loading
- Enhanced trigger guard that allows additional room for gloves
LE & Military pricing on request.
*Product follows USA specifications
*Military products available to U.S. sales only
- Caliber: 5.56x45mm NATO
- Operation: Open-bolt
- Weight: 15.44 lb.
- Barrel Length: 16.3″
- Overall Length: 36.22″
- Effective Range: 800m, point target
- Maximum Range: 1,800m
- Rate of Fire: 730 RPM
- Height: 9.33″
- Trigger Pull: 7.87 - 15.7 lb.
Matte black non-reflective finish on all surfaces
Lightweight titanium bipod
Formed steel frame
Claw extractor design
Fixed, pivoting ejector plus side ejection of cases
Top cover integrated MIL-STD-1913 mounting rail for sighting systems
Cold hammer-forged steel
Hard chrome-plated bore and chamber
Bipod integrates with the handguard, even with accessory on lower rail
Adjustable buttstock: 5-position length adjustment and 6-position cheek rest height adjustment, with foldable shoulder rest and integrated hydraulic buffer
Crossbolt safety button
Curved trigger for improved finger position and control in rapid fire
NATO standard disintegrating link belt-fed
Available semi-rigid ammunition pouch system for MK 46 enhances capability to store, transport, and feed linked ammunition